Bout of Books has started! This year, unlike other years I am working while the read a thon is going on. So my reading will be constrained to my morning commute, my break and evening reading will most likely be listening to the audiobook my husband and I are listening to together.
Reading List (at the start of the read-a-thon):
- Cold Flat Junction by Martha Grimes - I am starting the read a thon with a book I started last October and then set aside where it got buried under junk on my dining room table
- The Kingmakers by Clay and Susan Griffith Book 3 in the Vampire Empire series - steampunky vampire series that elengil and I are listening to.
- Thirty Million Words Building a Child's Brain by Dana Suskind, MD - Reading for work
Introduce Yourself in 6 words challenge:
1/8/2018 Day 1:
1/8/2018 Day 1:
- I read about 50 pages of Cold Flat Junction (I forgot to record where I started reading so this is a guesstimate).
- I read another 50 pages of Cold Flat Junction, and am now past the halfway mark on the book.
- I also picked up a graphic novel which I completed reading:
- Crossing Midnight: Cut Here Vol. 1 by by Mike Carey
1/10/2018 Day 3:
- Set down Cold Flat Junction again. The mystery is good. However I'm having a hard time letting the plot grab me.
- Picked up The Christmas Wish by Nora Robert - have read 287 pages so far.
1/11/2018 Day 4:
- I finished reading The Christmas Wish this morning. I'm going back to Cold Flat Junction for my commute reading this morning.
- Today was a trip to the Kohl's Children's museum with the three toddler classrooms. I'm pooped! no reading got done this evening.
1/12/2018 Day 5:
- I forgot to grab my book this morning. My nook was still in my bag from last week. So I started reading The Mapmaker's Children by Sarah McCoy. I was so entranced by it that I was enthralled during my lunch break reading and finished it this evening.
1/13/2018 Day 6:
- I had a professional development today so spent the day at the Chicago Botanical Gardens. it was sunny but cold! We took a nature walk and found coyote scat and deer tracks in the mud ;P not much physical reading today outside the class, but Elengil and I have spent the evening listening to The Kingmakers by Clay & Susan Griffith.
1/14/2018 Day 7: